There is something about adding a water feature to your landscape. It not only enhances its appearance, but it can also reduce noise pollution, purifies the air, among many other benefits. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of installing a water feature like a water fountain in your garden.
Why is Water Important?
According to several pieces of research, by simply looking at the water for some time, a person can restore their heart rate and blood pressure to their normal level. For patients recuperating from surgery, a water sound or even a water source near their vicinity can help them recover faster.
There are many other benefits to adding a water feature to a landscape design. It can provide a feeling of having a natural environment, and it can be an additional water source for animals in your yard. When you have animals roaming in your backyard, your kids will have a lot to learn by simply watching them.
The Benefits of Having a Water Feature
Adding a water fountain to your garden, here are some of them.
- Reduces Noise Pollution: You can install different types of water features in your garden, but a water fountain is the easiest to set up. Once you have them installed, it can reduce the noise pollution coming from your surroundings. The sound produced by the trickling water can absorb the noise to a great extent. It cannot also spread its soothing sound and provides a calming effect on the mind.
- Soothes the Mind: Sitting near the vicinity of any water source can have a soothing effect on the mind. There is a science behind it. The flowing water from your water feature emits negative ions that play an important role in reducing stress. Plus, the sound of flowing water can have a calming effect on the mind.
- Overall Improvement of our health: Another benefit of installing a water fountain is it can act as a natural humidifier. Humid air can assist in breathing. In the absence of humid air, the lung will have to work double-time while we breathe.
- Assist in combating climate change: you can make a small contribution to combat climate change by adding a water feature in your garden. The negative ions emitted by the flowing or trickling water can improve air quality. The evaporating water from the water feature can lead to the formation of vapors, which help filter the air and reduce pollution.
- Increase your home’s value: A house with a well-maintained landscape fetches higher resale value than the one without. Adding a water fountain can enhance the look of the yard and the house, by extension. Hiring an expert to install a water fountain will be a great help. Unlike sophisticated features like swimming pools and other facilities, a water fountain is operated using simple systems. It also takes less time and effort to install.
With all the benefits you can enjoy from adding a water fountain to your landscape design, you should consider installing it right now.